Our latest Member Spotlight winner was KSI xMinion. She is currently a 3rd Captain in Samurai DW, a News Team Writer, and a Marketing Representative. I got to sit down with Minion for this interview to find out some fun facts about her and her time in KSI. This is what she had to say about it all!.
- How do you feel about winning the Spotlight?
“I didn’t expect to win. I’m one of the those people who doubts themselves so it was really nice to feel appreciated.”
- How long have you been a member of KSI?
“I have been a member of KSI since May of 2018 so just shy of 8 months.”
- What is your favorite part about being in your position?
“As a 3rd Captain I get to work close to Bane which is super fun. He is very trusting, giving me jobs to do and he lets me get on with it. I love hosting game nights and chilling with the members. It’s really nice to know they respect me as much as I respect them. It is nice to be trusted with that responsibility.”
“As a News Team Writer, I get to be a part of a team that works together to bring a bit of joy to people’s day. Also being a part of a community wide team that writes both witty, and informative articles for the benefit of the members, and most importantly getting to work alongside you FadeZ (my bestie)”“I also like being a part of the Marketing Team”
- Describe how you felt when you received your latest promotion.
“Well it felt great because it showed that I was doing something right and being appreciated for it. It was nice to have my Gen recognize my efforts and see me pulling my weight.”
- What is the biggest challenge you face in your positions?
“I don’t know, um I’d like to be a General one day. So, my biggest challenge is to carry on what I’m doing and hopefully doing it right and reaching General one day”
- What are some of the obstacles you’ve had to overcome in your KSI career?
“Not dying during this interview! (Laughs) But seriously, I had to get over my fear of recruiting and learn to accept myself a bit. I had a lot of self doubt and low self esteem which was blocking me, so once I got past that it was pretty much smooth sailing from there.”
- Who are the top KSI members, (past or present), that you would consider mentors or that you’ve learned a great deal from?
“KSI VENUM 7, KSI xKamikaze, KSI Bane 7, KSI HAVOC 7, and KSI xKing 77. But definitely Kami and Venum, they are a big part of how I found my why. They keep me grounded.”
- Why did you become involved in Department Ops? (News)
“Because FadeZ asked me to. I wanted to be a part something bigger then just Clan Ops, and I love writing so it seemed like the perfect fit. The team is pretty dope even if the Head doesn’t understand me, I think it’s a language barrier (Laughs).”
- What do you consider to be your greatest accomplishment to date?
“Achieving my rank as 3rd Captain. Also getting “SGT of the Year” which was pretty dope. Also finding my person (winks at FadeZ)”
- What are you future goals in KSI?
“To become General of my squad, a Senior Member of the News Team, and to just do more with Marketing.”
- Where do you see yourself in this community in a year?
“Married to you(Laughs) no umm hopefully in a leadership position and also a Senior News Team member. Continuing to do what I’m doing with the members, and keeping it the fun loving community that it’s supposed to be while having fun and chilling with my best friend FadeZ”
- What kind of person would you say you are?
“I’d say I’m loud and like to think I’m approachable. I care a lot about the members and see them as people. I’d say I’m like a koala I sleep a lot and have been know to sleep in parties a lot. I’m a Cat person. I’m classy, sassy, and a bit Bad Assy.”
- If you could change anything that you’ve done in your KSI career, what would it be?
“ I would of gotten over my fears sooner because I might be further then I am now, and I would of trusted people and myself more rather than doubted myself”
- If you could change one thing in KSI today, what would it be?
“Free chicken nugget pizza with every promotion. Honestly I like things how they are”
- Who in KSI would you want to switch places with for a day and why?
“Havoc because I really admire him. I know his job is hard, but I feel if I got to experience it for a day I’d have a lot more of an understanding of how hard it is. Or maybe ImPyy, so I could implement the chicken nugget pizza thing.”
- Do you have any nicknames in the community?
“Mini by most people, JordyCakes by FadeZ, and Mama by Majesty I think that’s it really.”
- Have you ever used something you’ve learned here in your everyday real life?
“Yeah, I guess like by becoming an officer and having people who have faith in me. It gave me more confidence in myself as a person. I’m a bit more outspoken now, I guess I’ve learned to stand up for myself a bit more”
Accomplishments in KSI –
- Past divisions
- Divine Warriors
- Highest Clan Ops rank
- 3rd Captain
- Department Ops rank(s)
- News Team Writer
- Marketing Rep
- FadeZ’s new Bestie
- Years in the community
- only 8 months
- SGT of the year 2018
- Outstanding Service (LV 1)
- Monthly Member Spotlight
- Helping Hand
- Member Assistance
- LT OTM: DIV OTM
- If you could be any game character from your favorite video game, who would you be and why?
“Spyro so that I can burn my enemies and go on cool adventures.”
- Favorite Xbox game
- Destiny 2
- Blackout on Black ops 4, but only with Havoc or FadeZ
- Favorite movie
- The Greatest Showman
- Despicable Me
- Law Abiding Citizen
- Shawshank Redemption
- Favorite book
- Great Expectations
- A Woman Of Substance
- Favorite celebrity
- Ellen DeGeneres because of how generous she is, and for the people.
- Favorite band
- Imagine Dragons.
- Favorite food
- Chicken Nuggets
- Favorite superhero
- Iron Man because he is like the perfect amount of sass and banter. He’s a genius and created his own suit instead of just getting his powers, and is pretty fit as in good looking incase you didn’t know
- If you were a pizza, what toppings would you have?
- Chicken nuggets, a lot of cheese, and pineapple.
Words to the Wise
- What is one bit of advice for the members reading this that you would give?
“There is no shame in doubting yourself but have faith in yourself. You can accomplish great things when you put your mind to it Always do things at your own pace, don’t let yourself be pushed into it. Lastly, don’t be afraid to upload images to us for the new Instagram page (wink wink nudge nudge)”