The “7 Suffix”
TheÂ 7Â suffix in KSI gamertags refers to Leaders who have attained the rank of Co-Founder, Department Co-Head or Senior Moderator and higher in the past or present. KSI does have some Leaders not currently in those ranks who have the 7 suffix. Nobody under the Rank of Co-Founder, Department Co-Head or Senior Moderator should add a 7 suffix in their gamertag unless they’ve held the respective rank rank previously.
Ranks & Duties
- Description:Â This position is given to Directors who have proven they have the experience needed to run all of KSIâ€™s Divisions and they have been a member for at least a year and have successfully fulfilled the Director position for at least 3 months time.
- Requirements:Â Successful performance and achievement as a Director for at least 3 monthâ€™s time. They should be appointed for promotion by a Senior Leader or Board Member.
- Duties: Senior Directors carry out and implement solutions to any problem that comes their way from the Directors. They are responsible for making sure the community is playing in a professional manner and are upholding the Code of Conduct, and that all Directors and Leaders are doing their job correctly. The Senior Directors are responsible for the management of advocating KSI on Xbox Live, and they have the power to open, close, change, and merge any division if needed. They are highly respected leaders and have full authority over all of KSI on Xbox Live. They can promote or demote any rank below them. They are also the ONLY rank in Clan operations with the authority to DNH someone from KSI. In order to DNH someone from KSI two Senior Directors must be in agreement to DNH said person from KSI.
- Reports to: Chief of Staff and Board members
- Comments: Senior Directors are highly respected and experienced members in KSI that know what is needed to manage a growing gaming community. Senior Directors are the head of the community. They make sure that everyone is doing their jobs correctly and the community is running efficiently and productively.
- Abbreviation: SDIR
- Description: This position is given to those Division Leaders who may become eligible for a promotion after 1 month as Division Leader, as well as at least 32 weeks of training and experience in KSI. They must also have a productive leadership history within a division.
- Requirements: Successful performance as a Division Leader with a prosperous Division. It is expected that these Division Leaders split their division, but is not required.
- Duties: Directors oversee 2 to 4 Divisions. They are not in a division but assist the Division Leaders in operating a successful division. They are the liaison from Divisions to Seniors/Board as they are the experts on all information in their division. Directors are required to be involved in any and all Division Transfers to ensure the proper Division Transfer rules are being used and things are handled properly and fair. Directors are a heavily respected rank and there for need to act in a respectable and professional manner in order to teach and share ideas with their members to empower and train them to be the best of the best. Their goal is to teach, advise, and train their division leaders to make all the right decisions within the division while trying to allow the leader to grow and learn from their mistakes. They are to stay active on www.ksiforums.org and should contribute to their division sections while encouraging others to do the same.
- Report to: Senior Directors, Chief of Staff and Board Members.
- Comments: Directors are able to promote and demote the highest ranked member within any of their divisions, but must discuss any changes with Senior Directors before action is taken.
- Abbreviation: DIR
- Description: This position is given to those Founders Leaders who may become eligible for a promotion after 28 weeks of training and experience in KSI.
- Requirements: Successful fulfillment of the Founder rank for at least a monthâ€™s time, maintaining a division by ensuring positive growth in numbers and member retention. Appointed for promotion by a Director and approved by a Senior Director.
- Duties: The Division Leaders must be able to exercise patience as they will be called upon to make many tough decisions that will affect the members in their division. They are the supreme rank of a Division; therefore they are role models to all the members in their division. Division Leaders are expected to uphold the Code of Conduct and show a professional and positive attitude at all times to all the ranks in their divisions. They are in charge of promoting and demoting within the division but cannot promote or demote to or within their own rank. They should stay active on www.ksiforums.org and should contribute to their division section while encouraging others to do the same.
- Reports to: Director, Senior Director and Chief of Staff or Board Members.
- Comments:Â The title comes with the responsibilities of running the entire division with good guidance and judgment. Also they are responsible for advising the divisionâ€™s upper leadership through operational procedures, and expectations. They must attempt to participate in division meetings and communicate with the Directors and Senior Directors to ensure a good gaming experience for everyone.
- Abbreviation: DIVL
- Description: This position is given to those Co-Founders who may become eligible for a promotion after 20 weeks of training and experience in KSI. This is also the position that starts any new division, whether it is a division split or a new division starting from scratch.
- Requirements: Successful fulfillment of the Co-Founder Rank for at least a monthâ€™s time.
- Duties: Founders will oversee all the squads of the division, make sure all the positions below them are doing their jobs correctly, solving any problem the Co-Founder might bring to them, staying active on www.ksiforums.org and should contribute to their division section. The founder rank is the lowest rank in the Division that can request to be a mod over their division section on the forums. They are responsible for giving permission to a General or Co-Founder to start a new squad. They are responsible to ensure the Division has a Recruit Training Program and that is being operated properly. Also makes sure his leaders are using the LEAD and other Leadership programs that KSI has to offer.
- Reports to: Division Leader and/or Director.
- Abbreviation: FO
- Description: This position is given to those Generals who may become eligible for a promotion after 16 weeks of training and experience in KSI.
- Requirements: Successful fulfillment of the General position for at least a month. They must prove to have performed exceptional work as general and have growth in their squads.
- Duties: Co-Founders oversee 2 to 4 Squads in a Division. Co-Founders are to coordinate with all positions below them and ensure everyone is doing their job correctly. They have to be fully trained in the Code of Conduct, recruiting techniques, background checks, squad list management and basic problem solving abilities. Co-Founders are to ensure that the Generals are running their squads in accordance with KSI policies and procedures. They are to be sure there is some form of officer training program in place to assist with the growth and knowledge of their squads. The Co-Founder should make sure his squads are keeping the clan management system up to date and all squad tags are being handled correctly. They are to confirm information is being passed down to the squads via their generals. They are also to work with the general on ANY and ALL officer promotions within their squads.
- Reports to: Founder, Division Leader and or Director.
- Comments: They are encouraged to work closely with the Founder and Division leader to keep the division running smoothly.
- Abbreviation: COFO
- Description: This position is awarded to a Captain who may become eligible for a promotion after 12 weeks of training and experience in KSI.
- Requirements: Successful fulfillment of the Captain Rank, 12 weeks in KSI, and exceptional work in their squad. Must have one month of experience as a Captain or Major.
- Duties: Generals are to take insight and training from the Co-founders to help supervise their squads. Encourages growth of the squad at all times but careful of not spamming the members too much. Generals are responsible for all training within the squad. Generals assist officers on background checks, uniform checks, and facilitate all aspects of the recruit training program. Generals are to ensure there is a Squad meeting once a week after the Division meeting. Generals are responsible for all promotions and demotions from 1 Captain down with approval from their Co-Founder. (No Public Disciplinary Action is condoned) This is to ensure that there is no quick judgment calls, favoritism, and the best decision will be made for the squad.
- Generals are to ensure they are familiar with how to properly maintain squad tags and Clan Management System. Member in-activity is based on generalâ€™s discretion. General must be aware of all situations regarding gamers who are inactive for more than 30 days. If a member is inactive for 30 or more days he or she needs to be removed and a message sent to this gamer tag letting them know when they are able to get back online they are able to rejoin their squad. Generals are to be knowledgeable of their divisionâ€™s procedure on squad to squad transfers, as well as notify proper leaders of members who are interested in transferring divisions.
- Each General is expected to stay active on www.ksiforums.org Generals are to be a role model for all leadership in their squad by setting the example and providing a fun and positive gaming experience for all members.
- TeamsÂ â€“ Each squad is permitted to have specific teams based on member interest, for example: Headhunters (MLG based gameplay), Forge, SWAT, Snipers/Quick Scope, Search and Destroy, Objective based games.
- Generals are expected to provide supervision over Team Captains to manage the organization of each squad team, and to ensure the communication of practice times and possible matches. Generals are also responsible for making sure that members are practicing good sportsmanship.
- Squad ActivitiesÂ â€“ The following is a list of standard squad activities that Generals must enforce:
- Custom games â€“ Generals are asked to supervise the officers, and to keep game nights active. Encourage association with members of all ranks of the squad to build relations. Generals are asked to participate in game nights, when available to familiarize themselves with the members and to also make sure that good sportsmanship is practiced.
- Recruiting Parties â€“ Encouraging officers to inspire the growth of the squad at all times by motivating them to recruit quality members into the squad. Generals are to evaluate officer staff and make sure proper recruiting techniques are being passed down to all lower ranks.
- Reports to: Co-Founder or any other high rank.
- Comments: They are the supreme rank in a KSI Squad.
- Abbreviation: GEN
- Description: This position is given to those Lieutenants who may become eligible for a promotion after 5 weeks of training and experience in KSI.
- Requirements: Successful fulfillment of the Lieutenant rank for at least 2 weeks.
- Duties: Organizing activities for the squad, setting up squad meetings for generals, forwarding the leaders messages to the squad, recruiting, staying active on www.ksiforums.org , Captains are also responsible for overseeing all squad teams, including organization of team practices, scrimmages, and challenges. Captains must have full knowledge of the Rank Structure. Captains are also are responsible for reporting any larger problems of the squad to the General directly.
- *First Captain is the person who runs the squad when the general is not present, and designates operations of squad teams.*
- Reports to: General and Co- Founder.
- Comments: They are the right hand of the General to run and build the squad; they are learning how to run the squad with the goal to become General when there is a need to fill the rank.
- Abbreviation: CPT1 (1-4)
- Description: This position is given to those Sergeants who may become eligible for a promotion after 3 weeks of training and experience in KSI.
- Requirements: Successful fulfillment of the Sergeant rank in the eyes of the squad leaders.
- Duties: Helping their Captains with squad activities and maintaining squad lists. A lieutenant should know and understand how to run background checks on the new members. They must being fully trained in recruiting techniques and know the Code of Conduct and Rank Structure. They have to be active on www.ksiforums.org They are responsible for solving minor problems and recruiting new members.
- Reports to: Captains and General.
- Comments: They should be role models for Sergeants, Corporals and Privates.
- Abbreviation: LT1 (1-4)
- Description: This position is given to those Sergeants who may become eligible for a promotion after 2 weeks of training and experience in KSI.
- Requirements: Successful fulfillment of the Sergeant rank in the eyes of the squad leaders.
- Duties: The SSGT rank is responsible for the maintaining of KSI standards at the PVT-CPL Ranks. While also continuously striving to provide a fun, safe, and unique experience for the PVTs and CPLs newly recruited and those who are seasoned KSI members whom havenâ€™t changed their Gamertag to reflect that of KSI. Staff Sgts should know and understand how to run background checks on the new members. They must being fully trained in recruiting techniques and know the Code of Conduct and Rank Structure. They have to be active on www.ksiforums.org
- The SSGT rank is the first earned rank in KSI through hard work, leadership, and the basic knowledge of inner squad workings.
- The SSGT rank is responsible for providing our PVTs and CPLs with a positive and fun gaming environment, while also continuously encouraging newly recruited members to change their Gamertags to KSI.
- The SSGT is very efficient at recruiting and can teach and guide any lower ranking member eligible on how to properly recruit gamers into KSI.
- The SSGT assists with any and all Recruiting workshops to ensure the continuous growth of KSI, while also continuing to learn and grow as a recruiter and leader themselves.
- Reports to: Lieutenants, Captains and General.
- Abbreviation: SSGT
- Description: This position is awarded to Privates and Corporals that have acquired a KSI Tag. (Cannot be awarded within 48hrs of being recruited, must be assigned to a squad first. SEE RECRUITING PROCESS)
- Requirements: Acquiring a KSI Gamer tag, and complete the recruitment training. (Cannot become a SGT within 48hrs. See recruiting process.)
- Duties: Sergeants should know the rank Structure up through Senior Director, and who holds each position. Sergeants are expected to assist with all squad activities and squad meetings. Sergeants are to ensure all members are staying in uniform, and present themselves as role models for other members within the squad.
- Reports to: Lieutenants, and any other higher rank.
- Comments: The sergeant position is one where you will be expected to be proactive by being assertive and utilizing initiative. Use this time to gather all knowledge, and partake in training involving recruiting, squad management, KSI standard operating guidelines, and procedures. A KSI Gamertag should begin with a Capitalized KSI preceding individual GT (Ex. KSI JohnBoy)
- Abbreviation: SGT
- Description: This is the third position acquired with your enrollment into the community.
- Requirements: Actively participating in a KSI Global squad for at least 1 week.
- Duties: Corporals are to take guidance and training from leaders of the squad. Know the Rank Structure up through Division leader and be familiar with who holds those positions. Corporalâ€™s are also expected to participate in recruiting lobbies, and assist members with the recruiting process.
- Reports to: Sergeants, or any other higher rank.
- Abbreviation: CPL
- Description: This is the second position acquired with your enrollment into the community.
- Requirements: Having successfully completed the Recruit Training and been in KSI as a recruit for at least 48 hours (2 days) or up to aÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ week. Private has to be removed from Recruit Tag and Added to a Squad tag.
- Duties: Privates are to take guidance and training from leaders of the squad. Remain in uniform, according to the indications of the recruiter, become familiar with the Rank Structure up through Division Leader rank. Continue to be active on the forums, and meet other KSI members by attending squad activities, to include squad meetings.
- Reports to: Sergeants, or any other higher rank.
- Comments: Privates are encouraged but not required to change their gamer tag to KSI. Any problems they might have should be reported to the Lieutenants.
- Abbreviation: PVT
- Description: This is the first position of our structure, designed for those recently recruited into any of our squads
- Requirements: Successfully assigned to a Divisionâ€™s Recruit Tag
- Duties: Getting and remaining in uniform, according to the indications of the recruiter, agreeing to respect the Code of Conduct and The Xbox Live Disclaimer, Adding Members off the Squad tag, starting to learn the Rank Structure up through General rank, sign up at www.ksiforums.org and meet other KSI members by attending squad activities.
- Reports to: Sergeants or any other higher rank
- Abbreviation: RCT