Greetings From Vikendi
PUBG’s most recent PTS update include’s the new 6x6km map Vikendi, new weapons and new Graphical Settings Options. Rejoice, my children! Winter is here.
New Map, Yo
Smaller than Erangel and Miramar but larger than Sanhok, PUBG’s winter map definitely feels like a much needed change of scenery.
For a Public Test Server, the weather and snow in Vikendi is awesome. You can see it falling consistently as you play throughout a match. You can hear the wind whistle by you, changing constantly relative to your position behind cover. Tracks from running through the snow make it easy to follow enemies as they try to get away. If you’re a fan of winter…or snow…or even just the color white – you’ll love this new map.
- Vikendi is a 6x6km map. Overall gameplay seems to be quicker than Erangel and Miramar, but definitely a more deliberate and tactical approach than Sanhok.
- Players can throw snowballs while waiting to board the plane in the starting area. So um, congrats if you’r into that I guess.
- The vehicles slide around like crazy. Acceleration and traction seem very realistic considering the ice everywhere.
- Footprints and vehicle tracks seem to last for a bit – which is awesome for in-game awareness – but they fade away gradually after a while.
- There are snowmobiles. #youreallydon’tneedanotherreasontoplay
- “The first circle of every game is much smaller than other maps but subsequent circle sizes change less drastically. This facilitates more blue zone variety and unique experiences.”
- “Similar strategies work on Vikendi to Erangel and Miramar for the first three phases, but the zones will close slower starting from phase 4, similar to Sanhok. We feel this leads to a good balance between strategy and gunplay throughout the duration of each match.”
- The overall item spawn rate is at a midpoint between 8×8 and 4×4 maps. Way more than Erangel and Miramar but not quite as much as Sanhok.
- Level 3 helmets spawn in the world and level 3 vests spawn more often than on other maps.
- Smoke Grenades are spawned at a higher rate compared to other throwables.
New Guns, Who Dis?
The G36C is an AR that only spawns on Vikendi. It utilizes 5.56mm ammo and hold 40 rounds with an Extended Magazine. It has a lower and upper rail for attachments.
The Skorpion spawns on all maps. It has both single fire and full auto fire modes. Using 9mm ammo, it can load up to 40 sounds with an Extended Magazine.
Great on snow and ice. Don’t drive on pavement. Have fun.
Bug fixes, internal updates, graphic readjustments. Lots of behind the scenes stuff has been done. I’m sure much of it won’t be apparent until we’ve all played the map for a while.
Don’t let the temporary lack of a “Duo’s” playlist discourage you. Get out there and socialize!
Go build a snowman.
Leave a Reply