It’s less than a week away! PUBG’s next patch, Update 1.0, is scheduled to drop on Tuesday September 4th, 2018.
Consoles will FINALLY be getting all the pretty new things that PC has been bragging about for weeks.
New Map – Sanhok
First off – the pronunciation. It’s not “SAN-HOCK”. (Please feel free to argue if you want.) It’s “SAH-NOK”. Let’s give some tribute to that Filipino heritage.
This is quite possibly the biggest thing we’ve been looking forward to in Update 1.0.
- The kill rate at extremely long distances is very low on Sanhok, as well as the maximum player render distance.
- Weather in Sanhok changes dynamically.
- The redzone is smaller and shorter-lasting on Sanhok.
- The bluezone on Sanhok has shorter waiting times and longer travel times. The bluezone is also dynamic. It checks remaining player numbers before deciding the next circle, adjusting the waiting time and travel time accordingly (this doesn’t affect circle size).
- The weapon and item spawn rules have been customized on Sanhok to get you equipped for battle faster.
- ARs, SMGs, and DMRs are spawned more often. The total item spawn rate has been increased 5%.
- 8x scopes and 15x scopes don’t spawn on Sanhok. However, they may still be obtained from care packages.
- Accuracy modifiers applied from moving, changing movement stances or aiming modes are no longer applied instantly. This means that when aiming down sights, you won’t gain the full accuracy improvements from ADS until your sights are aligned.
- The winning player or team will now be given approximately 8 seconds to celebrate their victory before the match ends and results are displayed. Spectators can also watch the winning player or team celebrate.
- Players can throw apples while waiting to board the plane in the in-game lobby.
- The QBZ is an AR that uses 5.56mm rounds. It can hold 30 rounds per magazine and can be extended to 40 rounds.
- The QBZ replaces the SCAR-L in Sanhok’s item spawn pool (meaning the SCAR-L does not spawn on Sanhok). The QBZ spawns about 1.4x as often as the SCAR-L used to spawn on Sanhok.
With three maps now in the game, players and teams will choose between two “playlists” when starting a game.
- The Battle Royale playlist contains both Erangel and Miramar. Selecting it will randomly drop you into one of the two.
- The Mini Royale playlist contains only Sanhok (for now).
- Select both playlists to be randomly dropped into one of the three maps currently in the game.
Goodbye Game Preview
That’s right – this coming Tuesday, PUBG will be an official REAL Xbox game. *let’s take a moment to savor this…*
It’s been a long time since PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS came to us in March of 2017. We’ve dealt with lag and been DC’ed more often than we can count. We’ve been stuck in floors, in walls, in vehicles and we’ve been shot THROUGH buildings and around corners. Hopefully now, some of those problems will be fixed. Hopefully. If not, I doubt it’ll make much difference. We’ll all still be playing PUBG anyway.